Small part coating
Coating of mass produced, small parts – also for complex surface geometries
The Rotamat coaters are the economic solution for improving the surface of mass produced small parts by coating made from elastomers, metal or wood – for example, O-rings, handles, springs or screws.
Even parts that have a complex shape or are extremely delicate are discharged from the machine with a perfect coating and completely dry.
The coating process in the rotary drum is full automatic. The cost-intensive and time-consuming placing of the parts on special racks – required in conventional coating systems – is no longer necessary.
The Rotamat coater allows the use of a wide variety of different coating materials. Typical applications are:
- Decorative coatings Improves the part surfaces with a wide range of decorative and functional coating materials, eco-friendly, solvent-free lacquers and single- or two-component special lacquers.
- Lubricating coatings Reduces the coefficient of friction and prevents chatter and stick/slip effects on small parts like O-rings, sealing components or valve stems. It also facilitates the problem-free separation of the work pieces.
- Application of a bonding agent Single or double layer systems consisting of primer and cover create a strong bond between the substrate and the elastomer.
- Coating for corrosion protection Creates a long lasting protective layer without the use of hazardous chemicals. For example, compared to dip/spin coating the drives of small and micro screws remain open providing the required optimum grip.
- Coating for insulation purposes Special coating materials provide an insulating layer for electronic components like ferrite cores and rings or capacitor sleeves.